Frequently Asked Questions Feb 10, 2014 17:58:31 GMT -8
Post by Tigress on Feb 10, 2014 17:58:31 GMT -8
001. Is this website based on all DC Comics?
002. When does this website take place in that universe and do I need to have read the comics or watched the television show?
No, this website is not based on all DC Comics. Heroes Never Die [HND] is based off of Young Justice [Earth-16], so characters that were present in this timeline should follow their canon information. If a character was never introduced, the applying member has creative freedom with the history, so long as it is reasonable.
003. The DC character I want to apply for is not listed on Available Characters. Am I not able to apply for them?
When HND was established in 2013 it was intended that it would take place five years after the finale of season two. As time changes in the real world though so shall it on this website; therefore the one should assume that 2013 congruent to 2021, 2014 to 2022, 2015 to 2023, etcetera. You do not need to have read or watched anything related to Young Justice when joining, though it is recommended.
004. Are original characters allowed?
So long as the character you wish to apply for is not listed as taken or banned you are free to make them. If you are unsure about a character though simply ask the staff.
005. How many characters am I allowed to apply for and if more than one, do they have to be on separate accounts?
HND allows members to create original characters, though they are severely limited for our own reasons. All of the information which corresponds with them can be found in ORIGINAL CHARACTER.
006. How often do I have to post for each character?
While members are allowed to create more than one character, the staff asks that they have a minimum of ten in character posts on each previously accepted account before applying for an additional one. Each additional character must also have their own account and while this may seem tedious, Proboards V5 offers members the chance to link their accounts via the miniature toolbar in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
007. Do I have to follow the threads of a character if they were played by someone else on this website previously?
HND is a website designed to accommodate members, not the other way around. This means that posting is done at a slower rate with no major consequences to the owner of the account. As persons who have internships, school, work, and other obligations the staff understands that the real world takes precedence and only ask that members fulfill the minimum requirements for the 'Activity Check'.
008. Do I have to use my character's name in the chat-box?
If a previously taken character had completed a thread, you must follow it as though it was canon information. All completed threads can be found in the archives under COMPLETED THREADS.
009. I have noticed that you have a really active chat-box, but you do not appear to have very many in-character posts. Why is that?
No, you do not have to use the name of your character in the chat-box. This is something that the staff does to better identify themselves and does not affect members in any way.
010. I would like to contact a member of the staff. Where can I find this information?
The member basis here at HND is comprised of older persons; therefore most of us have a mixture of internships, school, and work along with real life issues. We do not always have time to post, but that does not mean that we cannot talk to each other in the chat-box. The staff recognizes that we have an extremely active chat-box but not a rapid posting rate, something which all of our members are perfectly fine with. If this will prove to be an issue though, HND may not be the place for you.
011. Who are Brittney, Kat, Bryan, and Alice [Mila]? I keep seeing them mentioned in the chat-box, but I do not recognize who they are.
You can contact the staff via AIM or Skype, this information being something that can be found HERE. These accounts are shared by all of the members though, so be sure to ask for a specific member of the staff when you request an audience if you want to speak with one in particular; otherwise the first available one will respond. You can also reach each member individually via private message; their accounts are linked in the sidebar via their names. Please be sure to alert them of the attempted communication via the chat-box when it is made.
The staff, though assigned to themed names, also responds to their actual ones as well. We recognize that this can get rather confusing and try to define who we are as quickly as possible, but if you are still unclear the following are what they go by: Brittney is Tigress, Kat is Oracle, Bryan is Nightwing, and Alice [Mila] is Red Hood.