Regulations & Consequences Apr 1, 2013 23:00:17 GMT -8
Post by Tigress on Apr 1, 2013 23:00:17 GMT -8
001. Members, no matter their status, are required to respect their fellow player at all times; prejudices - against race, religion, sexuality, etcetera – along with arguments of any sort will not be tolerated.
002. Advertisements must be confined to their proper areas and will be removed when placed incorrectly; consistent issues with a particular advertisement may result in a ban. Inappropriate advertising include the wrong forums, chat-boxes, and private message.
003. Do not post any rubbish, advertisements or otherwise, in either our chat-box or website as it will be removed immediately and without warning.
004. Heroes Never Die [HND] is a website designed to accommodate members, not the other way around. This means that posting is done at a slower rate with no major consequences to the owner of the account. As persons who have internships, school, work, and other obligations the staff understands that the real world takes precedence and only ask that members fulfill the minimum requirements for the 'Activity Check'.
005. Plagiarism of any type, whether it is in an application or thread, will result in immediate character denial with the possibility of a ban. This means that incoming members may not ‘borrow’ work from another website including the DC Wiki, DC RPGs [ other role play websites ], RPG-D, Wikipedia, etcetera unless they themselves are the author and can provide evidence testifying to this.
001. An application, whether completed or a work in progress, must be posted in order for a reservation to be set. All reservations will span thirty  days and though exceptions may be granted, they are extremely uncommon. The staff may run occasional ‘Status Checks’ to ensure that an application is being worked on and members may request a fourteen  day extension with exceptional reasoning.
002. Characters that do not originate from the DC Universe can take any title they wish so long as everything coincides with the ORIGINAL CHARACTER guidelines. The staff reserves the right to refuse any original character at any time with no questions asked.
003. It is asked that all members ‘bump’ their application once it has been completed in full. One may ‘bump’ their application every seventy two  hours; any additional notices will be met with the appropriate consequence. All completed applications will be reviewed within seventy two  hours of the initial ‘bump’.
004. Heroes Never Die [HND] runs on a three strike system in terms of the application process - in other words members will be permitted three separate revisions by the staff. If they do not receive an approval following the third their application will be marked as denied.
005. The staff reserves the right to refuse any face claim at any time if they do not feel as though it fits the character as well as any application if the applicant does not enter ‘I completely forgot how truly annoying you are.’ in the appropriate area.
001. Members are not allowed to post in any role play or game forums until their character has been approved. Failure to adhere to this specific guideline may result in immediate denial of the pending character in question.
002. While the staff does not ask much of members in terms of posting, there are a few items which should be kept in mind at all times. The staff reserves the right to revoke the handling of a character at any time if these are not maintained:
I. All posts should be made in the third person, past tense with proper grammar and spelling. We understand that minor mistakes may be made on occasion, but that is no excuse for error ridden posts.003. Despite popular belief, the beings of this realm are not all-powerful. This means that one person cannot control another person's character and that all characters must take some damage during battles. In other words, do not 'God-Mode'.
II. All posts should maintain a reasonable length for while we do not require excessively long replies, enough information should be provided so that the other person can respond appropriately.
III. All posts should maintain a sense of realism should also be maintained with persons remaining ‘in character’. In other words avoid ‘out of character’ behavior and ‘crack fictions’.
IV. All posts should be titled with the appropriate ‘Date Marker’ which consists of the current location, date, and time; more information can be found HERE.
004. Members are allowed to create more than one character so long as they maintain each one from a separate account. However, the staff asks that a minimum of ten  in character posts be made on each previously accepted account before an additional one is applied for.
005. The Proboards’ Terms of Service demands that all websites maintain a PG-13 rating, thus we ask that all members to limit excessive violence, avoid trigger warnings, and fade to black during sexual scenes. Labeling a thread ‘Mature [M]’ or including a ‘Trigger Warning [TW]’ is perfectly acceptable so long as the contents of the item in question are not too explicit.
006. As a common courtesy to your fellow members be sure to alert the website when you plan on being absent for an extended period of time. Failure to do so may result in the deletion of various documents or profiles.
007. All profiles, with an approved application or otherwise, will be deleted after a failed 'Activity Check'. This rule will only be voided if the owner of the profile alerts a member of the staff of an extended absence.
008. Persons should refrain from spending the majority of their time in the ‘In-Character Chat-Box’. The staff maintains the belief that this area is strictly for entertainment purposes, so all posts on the website should be the main priority.
001. Characters must be represented by a famous person whose age is within five years of the character which is being applied for; unknown play-bys are not allowed. Avoid using images that could be marked as inappropriate.
002. All avatars should be of a famous person and 125x300. Images of another size are not permitted.
003. All signatures can contain either DC artwork of the play-by and should be no larger than 500x300. Smaller images are permitted.